October 1st: Winter catalog (late Jan-March)
February 1st: Spring catalog (late April-June)
June 1st: Fall catalog (late Sept-mid Dec)
We are looking for instructors for the following classes:
- Swing Dancing
- Picture Framing
- Beginning Piano for Adults
Tips for proposing a class for Mt Airy Learning Tree:
- Please look at our current offerings to get an idea of what kinds of classes we run, what we charge, timing of classes, etc.
- We set a course minimum of 5 students. While we certainly hope more students enroll in your class, if it has met this minimum, MALT expects you to teach.
- The majority of our classes are aimed at adults. If your class is also appropriate for kids and teens, let us know a minimum age and whether or not they need to be accompanied by an adult. You will need to provide your clearances in order to teach students younger than 18 years.
- We have 2 computer labs available. Each is running with Windows 7 and Office 2010. Software licenses can be very expensive - please check with the MALT office before proposing a class for a program other than what you see listed in a previous catalog.
- You can suggest a course fee that we will consider and discuss with you if we’d like to include your class in the catalog.
- We have two LCD projectors available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your class is more than 1 week long, we may need it returned to the office for others to use between your sessions (you won’t be able to hold onto it for weeks at a time).
- New classes will benefit from YOUR OWN promotional efforts. We will put the class in our catalog, both print and online; we may also highlight it on social media. But if you have a network of potential students, by all means, spread the word to them directly!
- MALT will find a location for your class. If you have your own space to use, please let us know!
- Instructors are paid 30% of the course fee (50% if you are renting your own location) at the END of the term.