Spring catalog (late April-June): February 1st
Fall catalog (late Sept-mid Dec): June 1st
Winter catalog (late Jan-March): October 1st
Tips for proposing a class for Mt Airy Learning Tree:
- Please look at our current offerings to get an idea of what kinds of classes we run, what we charge, timing of classes, etc.
- We set a course minimum of 5 students. While we certainly hope more students enroll in your class, if it has met this minimum, MALT expects you to teach.
- The majority of our classes are aimed at adults. If your class is also appropriate for kids and teens, please let us know so we can promote that aspect. Also let us know a minimum age and whether or not they need to be accompanied by an adult.
- We have 2 computer labs available. Each is running with Windows 7 and Office 2010. Software licenses can be very expensive - please check with the MALT office before proposing a class for a program other than what you see listed in a previous catalog.
- You can suggest a course fee that we will consider and discuss with you if we’d like to include your class in the catalog.
- We have two LCD projectors available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your class is more than 1 week long, we may need it returned to the office for others to use between your sessions (you won’t be able to hold onto it for weeks at a time).
- New classes will benefit from YOUR OWN promotional efforts. We will put the class in our catalog, both print and online; we may also highlight it on our Facebook page. But if you have a network of potential students, by all means, spread the word to them directly!
- MALT will find a location for your class. If you have your own space to use, please let us know!
- Instructors are paid 30% of the course fee at the END of the term.