The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
What courses do you currently offer?
How do I register for a course?
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
How do I cancel a registration?
What do I do if I've lost my password?
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
Need more Tips on MALT?
In order to register for courses online, you must have an account with us. To create a new user account, click the Signup link on the Home page (or click here). When the New Account: Personal Information page opens, enter your personal information then click the Submit button to create a new account.
You can register at our office (6601 Greene St), via fax (215.843.6655), mail, or online. Registration forms are available here. PLEASE NOTE: Mt. Airy Learning Tree has a $5.00 Term Registration Fee that is required once per term, per person for course(s) $21 or more, regardless of how you register. This fee is AUTOMATICALLY added to your Enrollment Card online.
To register for a course online:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in (click here to access the Course Listing).
- Add to Enrollment Card - click the Add to Enrollment Card button on the Course Information page to start the registration process.
- Logon - log on to the system. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Fees - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Add More Courses button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Register for Selected Courses - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Card, click the Register Now button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - enter your payment information then click the Submit Payment button***.
- Registration Confirmed - the Registration Confirmation page now opens notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
***Important Note for those paying by Credit Card
The Wait page will be displayed to you while the system is waiting for credit card approval. DO NOT move away from this page (click your Back button, select another URL, etc.) until the process is completed. If you do, the approval process is aborted and you WILL NOT be enrolled in the course.
Refunds cannot be issued for classes missed as a result of illness, personal emergencies, or any other event beyond our control. Please choose carefully. If you cannot attend a course, you can receive a refund (less the $5 registration fee) by notifying us 2 days before the first class begins. Rainchecks to attend the SAME class in the future can be issued (called "do-overs"). Do-overs are valid for one year. You must notify us before the first class session that you will be unable to attend.
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact our office:
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
You can send a request for your password to be emailed to you. Click here to send a request.
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses
Tips and Things which make your MALT Experience Successful
- Information about faxing, mailing or dropping off your registration is on the registration/policies page.
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m-2:00 p.m.
- Confirmations will only be mailed if a stamped self-addressed envelope is provided with your registration form. Otherwise, confirmations are emailed to you.
- Mark your calendar. Don’t miss a class you’ve been looking forward to.
- Your current email and phone numbers are important. If your class is postponed or moved, we want you to know.
- Directions to the class locations are on the locations page of the web site. Detailed directions for some sites are available on the individual category pages. Mark the location on your calendar. Classes in private homes are marked with an asterisk. You will receive the address when you register.
- Water Aerobics, Computer, Rowing and Horseback Riding classes fill up very quickly. Register early.
- Cancellation of classes is decided based on the number of registrations. Do not wait until the last minute. Your timely call will make the difference as to whether or not a class runs. We make every effort to notify you of cancellations via phone and email.
- Snow and bad weather closings. MALT follows the Philadelphia School District, within reason - if the schools are closed, please check our website or call the office to see if your class has been affected.
- Limited barter-based financial aid is available. 10% discount for WHYY members with membership number provided. Discounts are not available with online registration. You must call us.