Easy Ways to Register
1. Online: See our Course Listings, with a Visa or Mastercard.
2. Mail: If you have one of our catalogs, fill out the registration form in the back. Enclose a check, money order or Visa/Mastercard number (with expiration date and CCV code) and mail to:
Mt. Airy Learning Tree
6601 Greene Street
Philadelphia, PA 19119
Registration Fee: A one-time, non-refundable $5 registration fee is charged each term per person for classes totaling $21 or more, regardless of your registration method.
Returned Checks: We must charge students $15 for returned checks.
Withdrawals: If you cannot attend a course, you can receive a refund (less the $5 registration fee) by notifying us 2 days before the first class begins.
Cancellations: Full refunds/credit will be issued if MALT cancels a course. Refunds will be issued back to the card used for purchase or by check. No cash refunds will be issued.
Missed Classes: Refunds cannot be issued for classes missed as a result of illness, personal emergencies or any other event beyond our control. If you miss a class, you may attend the class at no additional charge the next time it is offered, known as a "do-over." Please inform the MALT office of your intention to do-over the class so that we can notify the instructor. You will NOT be on the roster and should provide the teacher with your name and contact information so they can get in touch with you if necessary during the course.
Snow / Bad weather closings: MALT follows the Philadelphia School District, within reason - if the schools are closed, please check our website or call the office to see if your class has been affected.
Tips from the Tree -
Make Your MALT Class a Satisfactory Experience
- Read the course descriptions carefully. If you are uncertain about whether a course will meet your needs, call us at 215-843-6333.
- Water aerobics, computer, rowing, swimming, horseback riding and other classes with limited space fill up quickly. Register early.
- Cancellation of classes is decided based on the number of registrations. Please do not wait until the last minute to register. Your timely call may make the difference as to whether or not a class runs. We make every effort to notify you of cancellations. Please check your voice mail and e-mail.
- Your current address, e-mail and phone numbers are important. If your class is postponed or moved, we want you to know. If you provide your e-mail address, we will use it - so please check it.
- Addresses of major class locations are located here: Getting to Class
- Classes in private homes are marked with an asterisk (*). You will receive the address when you register.
- 10% discount for WHYY members on up to 2 classes per term. Please provide your membership number. Not available online; call the office to register.
- Please be on time to your classes!