So you want to teach a class?
Mt. Airy Learning Tree is always interested in new ideas for classes. Complete the Course proposal form online. After completing the form, click "Submit," and the form will be sent to the office. Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us.
February 1st - Spring term (late April-June)
June 1st - Fall term (late Sept-Dec)
October 1st - Winter term (late Jan-Mar)
Want to know more about becoming a MALT instructor? Download an Instructor Info PDF of important information for prospective teachers.
We are especially interested in being able to offer the following classes so spread the word to anyone you think might make a great MALT teacher:
- gardening in small spaces (square foot gardening)
Tips for proposing a class for Mt Airy Learning Tree:
- Please look at our current offerings to get an idea of what kinds of classes we run, what we charge, timing of classes, etc.
- We set a course minimum of 5 students. While we certainly hope more students enroll in your class, if it has met this minimum, MALT expects you to teach.
- The majority of our classes are aimed at adults. If your class is also appropriate for kids and teens, please let us know so we can promote that aspect. Also let us know a minimum age and whether or not they need to be accompanied by an adult.
- We have 2 computer labs available. Each is running with Windows 7 and Office 2010. Software licenses can be very expensive - please check with the MALT office before proposing a class for a program other than what you see listed in a previous catalog.
- You can suggest a course fee that we will consider and discuss with you if we’d like to include your class in the catalog.
- We have two LCD projectors available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your class is more than 1 week long, we may need it returned to the office for others to use between your sessions (you won’t be able to hold onto it for weeks at a time).
- New classes will benefit from YOUR OWN promotional efforts. We will put the class in our catalog, both print and online; we may also highlight it on our Facebook page. But if you have a network of potential students, by all means, spread the word to them directly!
- MALT will find a location for your class. If you have your own space to use, please let us know!
- Instructors are paid 30% of the course fee at the END of the term.